Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Fireworks at Mrytle Beach

I have been dieing to get pictures of fireworks for the last couple of years and while I was in Mrytle Beach I had an unexpected opportunity! When we went to Barefoot Landing my last night there, I noticed a bunch of people were congregating on some of the boardwalks and I wondered why. A little while later, locked in a storage room, I was getting ready to try on a dress thinking to myself if it was worth the effort because of my near second degree sunburn, when I heard this loud bang. And it all made sense... fireworks! So I ran out of the "fitting room", gave the dress to the lady who got it down for me, told her I didn't think it would work out for me. Ran to the bench where my Nana was sitting, grabbed my camera and then ran around the corner to get some shots.

I used the boardwalk railing to steady my elbows and kept playing with the shutter speed as I took the pictures. Here are a few of them.





0 comments: